RE: [stella] Space Treat with score

Subject: RE: [stella] Space Treat with score
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 23:39:02 -0500
Hi Fabrizio,
> At the moment I'm almost completely out of ROM space, but I'd still
like
> add a few more features...
>
> Comments and suggestions are welcome as usual :)

Well a couple of ways to reclaim ROM is:
1) remove sei from the start of your code
	since the 6507 has no interrupts this isn't needed, right?
	(saves 1 byte)
2) use conditional branches where you can
	using bpl, bcc, bcs, etc. instead of jmp saves you a byte (this
	depends if the jump is within 255 bytes)
3) remove the mainloop routine from Nick's How To Draw a Playfield and
just
   place the corresponding routines in it's place
	Nick's outline is great to get started but when you're fighting
for
	ROM space each jsr/rts costs you 4 bytes when you can just place
the
	routine where it's needed.
4) replace your horizontal positioning routine with the one submitted by
   Manual and tweaked by Eric Ball

http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/200210/msg00281.html
http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/200211/msg00165.html

http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/200211/msg00167.html