Re: [stella] Space Instigators - Public Release (Download) Version

Subject: Re: [stella] Space Instigators - Public Release (Download) Version
From: "Fabrizio Zavagli" <rasty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 00:25:53 +0100
Albert wrote:
> I just played a few rounds on my Cuttle Cart and it looks good.  The only
> thing I noticed is the screen looses sync for a bit between the credits
> screen (the one with your name) and the main screen for the game.  :)

Humm I also have noticed the rolling between the intro and game screens, and
my guess would be that Chris is dropping video sync in order to do
calculations before starting the game (initializations, etc.)

I had the same problem in Space Treat, since at first I didn't realize that
losing sync would result in a rolling screen on the real hardware :)
I've mostly patched it by displaying a "black screen kernel" for a few
frames immediately before and after the actual display kernels.

Greets,
Fabrizio.-