[stella] Pocket Romulator

Subject: [stella] Pocket Romulator
From: Paul Slocum <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 02:47:44 -0500
I posted about this EPROM emulator before, and now that I've got one I wanted to give my thumbs up. It was about $180 shipped, a little expensive but totally worth it to me. With all the EPROM boards available for classic systems now, it's like having a universal Cuttle Cart. Plus, it loads much faster than the CC, has battery backed RAM so it doesn't have to be reloaded each time, allows you to update the ROM image WHILE the machine is running (very cool for trying color/sound changes etc!), and has a simple serial interface so you can easily write your own interface software for it. I'm using it now for my dot matrix synthesizer, but I'm going to start using it for 2600 development since it's faster than the CC and allows runtime ROM updates.

My only complaint is that it's software doesn't support command line arguments, but I'll be writing my own command line software for it soon.

(It's also good for tweaking the computer on some cars if you're into that)

http://xtronics.com/memory/romutator.htm

-Paul