Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 18:52:02 +0200
Kirk wrote:
> Very cool.
> (Man now I feel even worse that my project is perpetually stalled)

Talk about Robot City! :-)

> I dunno what else would be cool to throw in, in terms of obstacles...
> maybe have 3 waves: normal cave, cave with obstacles, cave with
> moving obstacles (might be too tough?) and then repeat, faster
> and/or with a thinner cave.

Yup, those where my plans. Maybe with different gravities too.

> Another variation that reflects my interest with gravity in
> games (very easy to do, just have a Y-speed, and every click,
> add 1 to the Y-speed in a downard direction, and pressing
> thrust adds some value to the Y-speed in an upward direction.)
> would be to add a "joust" like control scheme as an option.
> (I know, shades of stalled joustpong). This would make an experience a
> bit like NES "Balloon Fight"...

I don't know that one, but I think I got the idea. Hm, might become
probably quite hard for the thumb, wouldn't? But as an extra option it
sounds easy enough to add.

And instead of a helicopter with delayed acceleration I could also at
a rocket style direct acceleration.

And maybe I give the player some limited X-control too.

> Oy. If anyone experienced person feels like collaborating on
> finishing Flap: the JoustPong experience...(It's a proven game idea,
> I've done it for Palm and Java, I'm just stuck in page boundary land)..
> let me know.  I'd love to wrap it up.

I am already "godfather" with Glenn's project (any news about that,
Glenn?), but maybe somebody else volunteers. The concept sounded very
promising and fun to play.

Have fun!
Thomas
tjentzsch at web dot de |