Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!

Subject: Re: [stella] Have kernel, need game!
From: R Mundschau <rmundsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 20:24:14 -0500
A helicopter will have inertia because it has mass.  All things with mass
have inertia.   As I understand helicopters, the rotor blade spins at a
constant speed during flight.   the pilot uses a control called the
collector to control the amount of lift generated.  The collecter changes
the angle of attack of the rotor blades to the air.  When they are
horizontal, there is minimal lift.   At some angle (45?) you get maximum
lift.   The turning of the helicopter is controlled by the rear rotor blade
which speeds up or slows down to turn the helicopter.  The pilot tilts the
entire main rotor assembly to put a portion of the lift thrust into forward
or backward motion.

Of course some helicopters have small wings that create lift when the
helicopter is moving forward, and some have extra jet thrust to move forward
faster, but that's just extra optional stuff.

Cheers!

Rob M