RE: [stella] Dasm.

Subject: RE: [stella] Dasm.
From: Christopher Tumber <christophertumber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:30:39 -0400
>I'm using Win2000 professional. I'm just having problems running Dasm so
>maybe it has to do with my computer.

Are you running it from the DOS console? (Do you know what the DOS console is?) If so, what error messages is it generating?

If you're unfamilair with DOS, you could do it from a batch file.

Here's what you do.

Open your favorite text editior and create a file named SOURCE.BAT

Where SOURCE is the name of your project/assembly file

In the first line of this text file put:

dasm source.s -f3 -osource.bin

Where again, SOURCE.S is the name of your assembly file and SOURCE.BIN is the name of the binary file you want to generate.

Now save this single line text file to the directory where you have DASM.EXE and your SOURCE.S file (All files must be in the same directly).

Be sure to save in PLAIN ASCII TEXT or DOS TEXT. Most Mircrosoft products will try to save in their useless, native format and you will have to over-ride this.

Now from Windows Explorer, double-click on SOURCE.BAT

And that should run everything for you.

Chris...