Re: [stella] DASM - Version 2.20.07 released (MAC)

Subject: Re: [stella] DASM - Version 2.20.07 released (MAC)
From: Jason Rein <jjrein@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:12:57 -0700
@Andrew: Commando is a dialog (invoked within MPW) that let's the user choose input/output files and command line switches by selecting various pop-ups, radio buttons, and check boxes.

@Ruffin: I looked into Commando briefly and found that it inserts spaces between the different command-line, um, bits. For example: when you choose the output file it'll output "-o example.bin" to the command line. This was fine with the 1998 version of DASM, but the newer versions don't want the space between the "-o" and the "example.bin". I could have simply copied the commando resource into the dasm resource fork but (1) I didn't write it, and (2) it would have confused users to no end when they'd just be getting error messages.

Having perused the commando docs, I found no way around this short of modifying DASM's source code to allow the spaces.

Personally, and IMO, I think it's a lot easier to type a command line once than to navigate commando each time you want to compile your source code.

Re: OS X's command line terminal (which I've yet to use), does it have commando-like functionality?

Jason Rein