Re: [stella] question for z26 authors...frame timing

Subject: Re: [stella] question for z26 authors...frame timing
From: Jeremy Penner <jeremypenner@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:33:54 -0600
> In message <1C8825E0-337F-11D8-B4F3-000393590976@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Albert Yarusso
> writes:
> >
> > I'll of course keep Windows boxes around to run various DOS and Windows
> > software, but that's it.  I'm hoping someone will update Stella for OS
> > X (I don't expect Z26 to be ported to OS X).
>
> If you don't care about sound, you can compile the UNIX version of
> Stella right up.  It'll work under X.  I haven't looked at it more
> than that.

The SDL port works much better, though last time I checked it
required some odd tweaking in the source to make it actually use the
SDL sound driver.  (C++ string comparison routines aren't behaving as
expected under OS X.)

I can put a hackish binary up someplace if you like.

Jeremy

----
Jeremy Penner - Coder, Artist, Jibba-Jabberin' Fool
jeremypenner@xxxxxxx       http://sporktania.ods.org/~jeremy/