Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall

Subject: Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall
From: "Andrew Davie" <atari2600@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 15:33:13 +1100
> True, but I have to agree with Glenn here. Try to get the physics
> right first (unless you think they are like they should be now). This
> will make the whole process of testing features and optimizing the
> gameplay much easier.

I think I already mentioned my thoughts on the movement a long time ago.
But just to make sure the message gets across -- I, too, think the movement
needs reworking.  Great game idea, great implementation.  But I find it
unplayable and not fun at the moment because of the movement of the paddles.
I *WANT* to have to press the button repeatedly and at the right time to
maintain a hovering position.  Figure 3 or 4 presses per second would be
about right.  If it were exactly like Joust, I'd be happy.

Just another 2c (AUS$ this time, which is at this time about US$ 1.5c )

Cheers