Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall

Subject: Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12 Jan 2004 05:22:37 -0000
> Most Pong games end because of a timer.  Whoever has the higher score when
> the timer runs out wins.  It's not the most modern of game concepts, but
> it's symptomatic for Pong.

Really???  Working on memory, I only have memories of Pong
going up to a set score...

> Now, Warlords doesn't feature a timer, and you are moving closer in that
> direction.

I may or not be.  I'm leaning towards keeping the main Pong concept,
maybe adding multiball ala Mondo Pong or Pterry in mid court to make
a few surprise hits...

> But I think if you focus on the physics of the flapping first, you can
> decide later how to work the gameplay around that.

AARGH OK OK OK I'M WORKING ON THE @#&$()@#&@#$ PHYSICS!!!!!!!!!

(Frickin' wusses!  The games a good challenge.  People expect to
win the first time they play or somethin')

(insert smilies as needed)

"We were once so close to heaven, Peter came out and gave
 us medals declaring us the nicest of the damned." --They Might Be Giants