Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall

Subject: Re: [stella] JoustPong: maybe ditch "poorlords" wall
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 12 Jan 2004 13:53:13 -0000
> KirkIsrael wrote:
> > (Frickin' wusses!  The games a good challenge.  People expect to
> > win the first time they play or somethin')
>
> IMO awkward controls may be fun for a party game, but the
> challenge should come from the game itself, not the controls. Let
> the ball move faster if the game get's too easy.

right now the ball moves one pixel a frame.
(I'm using exact horizontal positioning)
So I could jump to two pixels a frame, or one pixel a frame and one
extra pixel every other frame.  Do you think the shift from one
speed to another would be too obvious?

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around,
 and don't let anybody tell you any different." --Kurt Vonnegut