Aw: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review

Subject: Aw: Re: [stella] Krokodile Cart prototype review
From: cybergoth@xxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:53:12 +0100 (CET)
Hi there!

> Manuel wrote:
> > What about the picture received when using this cartridge? Snowstorm like
> with the CC1 or does it have better internal
> anti-static-electric-noise-antenna-garbage-isolation-shielding-buffers
> whatever?
>
> Is the picture really that bad? Never noticed any complains before.

It took me some experimenting to get an halfway acceptable picture out of it. I have one particular 2600 Jr. console that does a better picture than my other consoles. And it helps to remove the anten..., uhm... cable from the soundcart after loading something into the CC.

Also the distortion level seems to be dependent on the game. 4K games look better on it than 8K games for example...

Maybe it's just my copy. Or I have devices in my room distorting it more than normal.
Hm... reminds me that I wanted to buy a set of ferrit cores to see if they help...

Well, it is good enough for developing, but before spending another 100 bucks on such a device I want to have confirmed that it does the same crisp & clear picture as the ordinary Combat.

Greetings,
Manuel