Re: [stella] EPROM burners

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROM burners
From: "Paul Slocum" <paul-stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:24:52 -0600

Hey everyone.  Quick question: how much do you all
know about eprom burners?  I know practically jack
squat, but I want to try to get one so I can start
making, or at least testing some stuff on real
hardware.

If you're mainly just wanting to do development, I'd suggest getting a RAM device instead. It's too much trouble to constantly be burning, erasing, swapping... Atariage or Packrat can make carts for you when you're ready.

Supercharger - 2600 development, but only supports 4k.  Very cheap (~$25)
http://members.cox.net/rcolbert/schookup.htm

Krokodile Cart - 2600 development (not available yet)  (~$120)
http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44489

Cuttle Cart 2 - requires a 7800, but supports 2600 development ($200)
http://www.schells.com/cc2.shtml

Romulator - works with almost any vintage system you can get a cartridge board for ($180)
http://www.transtronics.com/memory/romutator.htm

-paul