Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe

Subject: Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 12:24:46 +0200
Happy_Dude wrote:
> I picked up this board game last week for $1 and imidiatly thought
> This should be a 2600 game.

Welcome to [stella]! I like board games and implementing master mind
sounds like a really good idea.

> Initialy I wanted the full 12 rows of pegs on screen, thats 10 pegs
> per row if you include the black and white key pegs.

How about using just one peg (plus maybe the ball) for they keys? 2x2
or 3x3 pixel/key should do, either by using different shapes or
different colors. Though I haven't calculated yet if there is enough
CPU time...

> I decided to use 3 lines of pegs, The Code line at the top of the
> screen which would remain hidden during play, the current line
> where you select the code to input and the last row so you can
> see what you got right last turn.

Will you be able to look further back?

> (almost half of my 1k rom)

So this is going to become a mini game, right? ;-)

> I'm using 9 cycles of sleep to align the colour writes
> so theres enough room for a JSR to a single routine
> if I can work it out.

Remember, a JSR/RTS need 12 cycles.

Have fun!
Thomas