Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe - 12 Rows + Cursor

Subject: Re: [stella] Master Mind Deluxe - 12 Rows + Cursor
From: Happy_Dude <happy_dude@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 01:50:12 +1000
Heres the latest version.
I have a Place holder title screen. I hope I have enough room for a title but
at this rate it's looking doubtful.  Theres a cursor that you can move up and
down the first column of pegs (no bounds checking). Reset returns to the
title screen. And fire reveals the hidden code.

I'v moved the row drawing into a subroutine but all the variables have to be
loaded prior to calling it. Saves about 20 bytes per load from how I was
doing it. Of course if I load all the peg rows I'll run out of rom space :-(

Alright time for some code

; D R A W   R O W
; All values must be loaded into Dpeg# prior to calling
Draw_Row
    ldy #7
Draw
    sta WSYNC
    sty rowCount ;3
    lda peg-1,y ;4-7
    STA GRP0 ;3-10
    STA GRP1 ;3-13
    lda Dpeg1 ;3-16
    sta COLUP0 ;3-18 starts at 40
    lda Dpeg2 ;3-21
    sta COLUP1 ;3-24 starts at 55
    lda Dpeg3 ;3-27 starts at ?
    ldx Dpeg4 ;3-30
    ldy Dpeg5 ;3-33
    sleep 9 ;10-42
    sta COLUP0 ;3-45
    stx COLUP1 ;3-48
    sty COLUP0 ;3-51
    ldy rowCount    ;3 57
    dey
    bne Draw
    lda #0
    STA GRP0
    STA GRP1
    rts

Anyone got any ideas. I know there has to be a better way.

btw: I appoligise for any scanline weirdness. I'm using Stella so I don't know
anything except that it displays fine in Stella.