RE: [stella] NTSC or PAL Dev ?

Subject: RE: [stella] NTSC or PAL Dev ?
From: "Dennis Debro" <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:10:20 -0500
Hi there,
?
> I plan to make my first steps into VCS 2600 programming.

Congratulations!
?
> As I understood, regarding the differences that exist in cycle counting
and the number of
> scanlines used for NTS and PAL systems, it seems to be easier to adapt a
NTSC?program to PAL
> than a PAL's one to NTSC.

IMO if you want to do a real PAL-50 version you have to start out thinking
that way. Not only are you going to have to adjust the number of scan lines
but you'll also have to adjust the speed so it's close to being the same.
Well, that is if you're doing an action game.

Think fractional positioning from the start. There are a number of posts to
[stella] discussing this. Then the conversion will be relatively easy.

Take care,
Dennis