Re: [stella] Announce: z26 on Linux!

Subject: Re: [stella] Announce: z26 on Linux!
From: John Saeger <johnws8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 01:40:25 -0700
On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 05:45, Stephen Anthony wrote:

> First of all, congrats on the port to Linux.  I guess I have some
> competition for Stella now (although Stella has the home-town
> advantage, since it was first designed on Linux :)

Yeah, I also wanted to congratulate and thank Brian for doing an amazing
thing, and I was fairly shocked at how quickly he accomplished it.  The
conversion from MASM to NASM is completely non-trivial, due mainly to
the fact that their macro syntax is quite different, and the fact that
z26 makes such heavy use of them.  This meant that they all needed to be
converted simultaneously without making any mistakes.  He wrote a nice
little perl script to do the conversion.

I also want to thank Eckhard for jumping in and doing the behind the
scenes things that he usually does to help make things happen.  On this
occasion, I had very little to do with it.

But as far as *competition* and the *home-town advantage* goes, I have
no idea what you're talking about Stephen.  It's just a hobby.  Lighten
up dude.  ;-)  But something we were thinking might be cool...  You know
how you have KStella?  How hard would it be to do something like that
for z26?  You know, maybe call it k26?  We could use something like
that.  Just a thought...

John