Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The future of Stella (i.e. debugger needed)

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The future of Stella (i.e. debugger needed)
From: Stephen Anthony <stephena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 13:48:45 -0230
On May 20, 2004 01:10 pm, John Saeger wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 07:46, Stephen Anthony wrote:
> > And that might mean a few hours work
> > for someone who understands the stuff.
>
> So what ever happened to Brad?  I never heard him complain about
> things being *too hard*.  Anyway, the code *is* being translated
> along with everything else.

He's busy with other things; furthering his education, mainly.  As for
being too hard, I said *I* found it difficult.  Brad would probably
know exactly how to fix it; I don't.  It was never my intention to have
to maintain Stella.  I just wanted to add features and update the Linux
version.  And I wasn't pushing anyone to get the z26 ported faster ...

> I expect we'll be done sometime this
> summer.  Then you can take not only the sound code, but the TIA
> engine too.  Then, why not add the CPU emu too?  Yeah, why not make
> Stella a front-end for z26? You're comfortable writing front-ends
> aren't you?  Maybe *that* is the future of Stella.

I'm not sure how to take some of your messages.  One can sometimes
interpret them to be joking, other times to be sarcastic and
confrontational.  I'm thinking the last paragraph is the latter.

All I ever meant by 'taking' the z26 sound code is to figure out how the
timing/sound works so well.  Every time I mention figuring out how the
z26 sound works, you pop up and imply something to the effect that I'm
stealing code, or pressuring z26 developers to hurry up.

If there is hostility behind this, I don't know where it's coming from,
and frankly at this point I don't care.  I just want to improve the
sound generation in Stella.  The other features are fine, and I see no
reason to abandon the project.

If this wasn't your intention, then I apologize in advance.  As I said,
some of your messages *are* ambiguous.

Steve