Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The future of Stella (i.e. debugger needed)

Subject: Re: Aw: Re: [stella] The future of Stella (i.e. debugger needed)
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 22:46:41 -0700
At 09:18 AM 5/20/2004, you wrote:
I'm not sure how to take some of your messages.  One can sometimes
interpret them to be joking, other times to be sarcastic and
confrontational.  I'm thinking the last paragraph is the latter.

I think the problem is that Z26 is a more accurate emulation currently than Stella is, but Stella is portable and Z26 is not. So what we have are more accurate emulation routines locked in code which is not portable. Z26 does definitely has had more active development going on for it since Brad gave up on Stella about 4 years ago. Since Stella was put into Sourceforge nobody has committed to putting the time in that it needs. It's just been tinkered with here and there but it never really reaches its potential.

Stella on Windows overall at least has gone through its share of coders. Anyone remember the ORIGINAL StellaX written by Jeff Miller??

Stella really needs someone to take ownership of it and log some serious coding time on it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Archives (includes files) at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/archives/ Unsub & more at http://www.biglist.com/lists/stella/