Re: [stella] Meditations on the pause button

Subject: Re: [stella] Meditations on the pause button
From: Glenn Saunders <mos6507@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:08:10 -0700
At 01:10 PM 9/5/2004, you wrote:

That seems probably more reliable than checking if the registers are
non-zero, assuming the same values /do/ show up for every unit...

I would expect some difference between the NTSC and PAL version of the 7800. The PAL version doesn't have the digital signature stuff.

How would one go about checking it out though?  Would the debug version of
MESS work?  If so, does anyone have a Windows binary? :)

I think the debug features of MESS only work with Linux and only if you decide to build it with the compiler switch enabled for it. It certainly isn't in the precompiled MESS32 for Windows.