Re: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff

Subject: Re: [stella] Atari to re-release a whole bunch of stuff
From: Albert Yarusso <albert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:31:26 -0500
While I don't (yet) know specifics about the hardware, I highly doubt it is actually compatible with 2600 and 7800 software. It's likely some off-the-shelf solution that they programmed the games from scratch for, attempting to match the original games as closely as possible. I'm sure once available for purchase that people will dissect it to see what makes it tick.

It's a nice progression from the various controller-based systems that have come out, so maybe they'll actually do a cartridge-based system down the road. It's also interesting that this unit has detachable joysticks--I don't know if other controllers can be plugged into it. I'll put up a review on AtariAge once I get my hands on one.

..Al