Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It

Subject: Re: [stella] Jumpman: Easy Does It
From: Manuel Rotschkar <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 00:02:49 +0200
Hi there!

That looks great!

Thanks!

So is it official that you're doing Jumpman?

Hm... not yet, the poll is still running. I'm just tired of waiting ;-)

Doing the ladders with the PF is a tough descission, and I just wanted to see what it'd look like :-)

I wonder if you could use a blinds trick to make them a different color? Still it looks good as is.

I'll give it a try tommorow. ;-)

The gameplay is what's important, and I think you'll be able to include most of the gameplay elements.

I hope so. There might be levels with too much ropes ("Jungle") or some may be just total sprite overkill ("Hatchlings", "Follow The Leader").

There's a few levels remaining that are IMHO not properly doable on the VCS though, basically the ones with too much structure changes, like "Mystery Maze", "Blackout" or "Hot Foot" for example.

Maybe if you wrote a custom engine specifically for those levels...

Not without extra RAM. In these levels the player can virtually change every single pixel of the structure anywhere, anytime.

Well, I'm most likely ending up writing custom code for every single level anyway, as no two levels in Jumpman or Jumpman Jr. play the same. Also, I don't think I'll try doing all levels of both games. That'd be 30+12=42! I think I'll meet it somewhere in the middle with maybe 20 levels, so when choosing levels I'll pick the more doable ones.

At the moment it looks like I can do levels with minor structure changes, I hope I can post a demonstration demo of "Easy Does It" tommorow.

Greetings,
	Manuel