Re: [stella] Fall Down RC testing

Subject: Re: [stella] Fall Down RC testing
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 25 Sep 2004 14:32:24 -0000
> > I did try to make [the computer AI] competitive :)
>
> It certainly is, and I like that very much.  Too often with 2600 games th=
> computer player isn't all that challenging,
[snip]
> Something that you have to actually work to beat is ideal.

AI on the atari can be a challenge...for JoustPong I knew I had
a pretty good, simple algorithm for a challenging but not perfect
opponent. And then I added an "easy" mode and purposefully dumbed
the guy down...actually I handicapped the computer player by not
letting it flap as often as it "wanted" to.

Again, depending on ROM-size limitations, you might want to consider
an "easy" mode.

There is no god and Murphy is his prophet