Re: [stella] RPG

Subject: Re: [stella] RPG
From: KirkIsrael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 23 Sep 2004 22:30:13 -0000
> It's going to be a pretty standard RPG fighting system, turn based,
> standard moves, magic.  But since it will be impossible for the player to
> have a party (more than one character) I'm going to give the player up to 3
> moves per turn (number of moves depends on speed attribute).  I'm going to
> do my best to set up the fighting so there's some real strategy and not
> just hitting "attack" over and over again.  I may include undocumented
> combo moves, and to keep things moving along, I'm going to let the player
> select his next moves while the monsters are executing their turn.

Not completely relevant to the conversation, but not totally irrelevant,
there's an interesting Homebrew RPG for Windows under development called
Tendrils.. http://members.cox.net/swt2/Tendrils/

It's whole raison d'etre is old video game references.  And the combat
system is an interesting idea: it's basically keyboard-based DDR,
and then they synchronize the attacks and defenses w/ how well
you do in that game.

(I mostly know about this game 'cause JoustPong is a minigame
in it, or so I've been told...haven't taken the time to really
learn how to play, RPGs generally ain't my cuppa.)
   "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back." --Gladiator