Odp: [stella] My second game

Subject: Odp: [stella] My second game
From: "Shrek" <matzieq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:17:51 +0200
> BUTTON+UP = Heal
> BUTTON+DOWN = Fireball or Invincibility (whichever one you've got)

I spent some time fiddling with this, and:

1) What if you have both fireball and invinciblity in your "spellbook"?

2) It's no good to make FIRE + LEFT or RIGHT do something, you may
incidentally throw a fireball when trying just to run and slash a monster.

I know the 2 joystick control is little bit awkward, but I don't see a
better solution. I know that real games use only one red button, but if this
controller had just another one...

At the beginning I thought about something like 'selector': you would use
'select' button to cycle through spells and holding fire for a while would
cast it. But I thought this would be even worse than using 2 joys.

Maciej