Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon playable (Sort of...)

Subject: Re: [stella] Crazy Balloon playable (Sort of...)
From: David Galloway <davidgalloway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 01:55:43 -0800
Manuel Rotschkar wrote:

Hi there!

I've been working some more on this. Try moving the balloon to the top left corner... ;-)

It's difficult to fully recreate the arcade screens, as the resolution differs a lot:

256 * 256 vs. 160 double width pixels * 192

I'm confused by the 160 double width pixels. That's just 40 pixels correct?

BTW - game is good. I never played the original arcade game but it reminds me of "Irritating Stick" on the Playstation and more recently Kuru Kuru Kururin on the GBA.

I always test these Beta's on my vid kid Julia, she enjoyed the challenge and kept trying until she got it to 'near' the end. But had to give up 'cause it was bedtime.

I'm working on an whimsical little VCS game myself, hope to have a beta either right after Christmas or early next year, I will post it..

- David

I now transferred the first level structure 1:1.

I think I should change it though, as with the arcades 26*26 resolution it's currently wasting 6 PF bits, so you'll most likely see redesigned levels soon. (Hm... yet another design-a-level contest?)

I also feel the balloon swings a bit too wide, so this may change as well.

Greetings,
	Manuel