RE: [stella] Fastest missile/ball draw

Subject: RE: [stella] Fastest missile/ball draw
From: "Bob Montgomery" <BobM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 17:00:25 -0500
>Could you guys please get back on topic? The purpose of the Stella list
>is to discuss the maintenance and administration of the Stella list --
>I'm afraid we're losing focus on that with this technical discussion.

Heh :)

>> Problem with this is: for each different height of the missile you
>> would
>> need another giant table.
>
> True. But you asked for a faster solution, not a smaller one ;-)
>
> Greetings,
> 	Manuel

The main issue I have with the giant table solution is that if you are using, say, 160 scanlines, it doesn't have constant timing (because of page crossing), even with a single-scanline missile, if the missile is closer than ~30 lines to the top or bottom.  You are basically limited to a 120-line screen.

-bob