Re: [stella] Video modes

Subject: Re: [stella] Video modes
From: "Lee Fastenau" <stella@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 16:29:31 -0500
> Well, Space Invaders would allow you to have two missiles on the screen
> at the same time if you held down one of those (both?  Can't recall
> offhand) when powering on.  Does that count?  I don't recall hearing
> why that happens on the list, but suppose I could search the
> archives...  :^)

Yep, that counts.  Just found a couple references to it on Google.  It's the Reset switch.

I'm able to test the switches during startup on my Supercharger, but so far I haven't been able to successfully test them in an emulator.  Are emulator users out-of-luck when it comes to this type of feature/easter egg?

I guess for my game, I could code a slight pause into the startup for emulator users...  or maybe add a "loading" screen just to confuse people.

Thanks!
-Lee