Re: [stella] stella charter

Subject: Re: [stella] stella charter
From: xucaen <xucaen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:38:40 -0400
just me 2 cents here,, I always thought of AA as a "for all ages" kind of
place, and Stella list was the place you went to discuss some new super
complex algorithm that no Atari programmer had ever dreamed of and how do I
shave off 1 cycle? I think there will always be room for Stella list even on
AA.
When I stumbled onto Atari 2600 programming a little less than a year ago I
knew nothing, but was very excited to learn. Reading Stella list was too
much for me, but then there was AA to get me started. I had and still have a
lot of learning to do about 6502 assembler but I am loving it! And recently,
I've been going to the Stella list archives and now I am actually able to
find some good stuff there that I can actually understand. A year ago it
would have been gibberish.

I don't think the server matters, or even if it's e-mail or a BBS, but I
personally like having Stella list there for those times when I really want
to dig into something complex.

I don't know if the language matters.. an algorithm is an algorithm, whether
it's in basic, C or assembler. and the complicated ones are the ones that
Stella list is there for. Everyone at some point will try to do something
complicated, and it may turn out that assembler is the only way to get it
done. In fact I'm sure of it. And when they get to that point, I hope Stella
list is still around, in whatever incarnation it may be.

Sorry, that came to about 2 1/2 cents... :)

Jim