Re: [stella] Batari BASIC contest entry: Solar Plexus!

Subject: Re: [stella] Batari BASIC contest entry: Solar Plexus!
From: Kirk Israel <kirkjerk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 16:38:03 -0400
On 8/25/05, Dennis Debro <dennis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I *totally* disagree with Thomas here.  It is all about writing games for
> > the 2600 and I personally welcome contributions written in bB, or any
> > other language for that matter.
>
> I have to agree with Andrew here. IMO [stella] is about programming the
> 2600. If anything maybe a question about bB could be prefaced with [bB] in
> the subject but I think all 2600 programming discussion belongs here.

I'm softening my stance a bit on this, but I still feel like [stella]
doesn't "want" to deal with things that bB specific. If someone posts
a question about the generated ASM code, or kernals or ASM snippets
embedded, or wants to brainstorm in language neutral terms about how
to do something (this is the category of thing that made me change my
mind) with the 2 players, the 2 missiles, the playfield and the ball,
that's all well and good, but I don't see [stella] becoming a bB
resource specifically.

But...well, we can metadiscuss all we want, but it all comes down to
how people "act" (if anyone posts bB stuff) and how people "react" (if
they answer or try to defer or the AA group). It doesn't sound like we
are collectively ready to decide that bB is unwelcome, so we shouldn't
have authority for any net.cops to chase bB-talk away.