Re: [xsl] Why no namespace node KindTest?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why no namespace node KindTest?
From: Florent Georges <darkman_spam@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 23:04:30 +0200 (CEST)
Michael Kay wrote:

> (The background on this is that people realized that
> namespace nodes were a lot more expensive than they needed
> to be because they had separate identity and separate
> parents, which makes it impossible for different elements
> to share namespace nodes. Since there are no known use
> cases for namespace nodes where the identity and parentage
> actually matter, use of the namespace axis was deprecated
> and replaced by the functions in-scope-prefixes and
> namespace-uri-for-prefix. XQuery is written as if
> namespace nodes don't exist, even though they are defined
> in the data model, because XQuery never exposes them. XSLT
> however relies on namespace nodes to support dynamic
> namespace construction using xsl:namespace.)

  Interesting.  Just one thought (without think about
backward compatibility): an other solution would be to not
define the parent node for namespace nodes, as well as
define the identity testing being the same as value testing
between two namespace nodes.  That would permit implementors
more freedom in the implementation of namespace nodes.  Is
it right?

  Just to see if I understood well the problem.

  Thanks,

--drkm

 p4.vert.ukl.yahoo.com uncompressed/chunked Sat Aug 26 20:13:39 GMT 2006

Dicouvrez un nouveau moyen de poser toutes vos questions quelque soit le sujet !
Yahoo! Questions/Riponses pour partager vos connaissances, vos opinions et vos expiriences.
http://fr.answers.yahoo.com