Re: page breaks and bottom alignment

Subject: Re: page breaks and bottom alignment
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 21:54:15 +0200
> As I really have to deal with a simple-page... I choose that option.
> But there seems to be a bit difference between theory and jade:
>
> jade:/home/doc/common/style/dsssl/tip/print/common.dsl:239:17:E: 2nd
> argument for primitive "-" of wrong type: "#<unknown object
> 145012896>" not a quantity
>
> Line 239 reads:
>
>     space-after: (- 3cm (display-size))
>
> ????????????????????

A little peeking in the code reveals that jade decides to produce
a length spec or not as value of (+ ...) and (- ...) based on the
length-spec-ness of the first argument, while the theory demands
the result to be a length-spec if *any* argument is one.

Short of a patch for this bug, try this workaround:

space-after: (+ (- (display-size)) 3cm)

Matthias

--
Matthias Clasen,