Re: (dsssl) Japanese and OpenJade

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Japanese and OpenJade
From: Tony Graham - Sun Ireland - Staff Engineer <Tony.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 13:29:04 +0000 (GMT)
jany.quintard@xxxxxxxxxx wrote at  7 Mar 2001 +0100:
 > Something new, for me anyway.
 > I am trying to use openjade to produce HTML pages in japanese. The input is
 >  an SGML file whose content has been translated to double-byte code.
 > I tried to process it with the appropriate (it is what I believed) SGML
 > declaration, but there is a lack somewhere, for I get a series of error
 > messages such as :
 >
 > openjade:/xo/vpp/sgml-dev/dcl/japan.dcl:391:29:E: there is no unique
 > character in the internal character set corresponding to character number
 > 129 in the syntax reference character set
 > which refer to :
 >
 > FUNCTION
 >      RE   13
 >      RS   10
 >      SPACE     32
 >      TAB  SEPCHAR   9 -- SGMLS only supports the RCS --
 >      SS081X   MSSCHAR 129
 >      SS082X   MSSCHAR 130
 >      SS083X   MSSCHAR 131
 >
 > Any hint would be *very* appreciated.

You don't actually show what you've specified as the syntax reference
character set, so it's hard to say what the problem really is.

Part of your problem may be that the default system character set (for
nsgmls, at least) is Unicode 2.0.

Read charset.htm from the nsgmls distribution, and then set your
SP_CHARSET_FIXED, SP_SYSTEM_ENCODING, SP_ENCODING, and SP_BCTF
environment variables to match what your input looks like.

Good luck.

Regards,

Tony Graham