RE: [stella] Duel Arena

Subject: RE: [stella] Duel Arena
From: Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Eckhard Stolberg)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 20:30:03 +0200
>I also tried writing it for the 2600 using a waveform, then setting a delay
and modifying the waveform, but each time you did, the speaker clicked.
Since then I realized that there is a "speaker click" sound on the 2600,
that could use the same algorithm (or similar) as that in the Apple ROM.
Never did anything about it, but if I were inclined to, that's where I'd start.

The TIA seems to be able to change the output twice per scanline, but you
have no real control over the internal counters, that trigger an output
change.

Therefore I think the most promising way to implement a 'save' feature on
the VCS would be a routine, that is timed by several STA Wsync. You could
set the noise type to $00, which sets the output to allways high, and then
generate your own squarewave by flipping between maximum and minimum volume.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg