Re: [stella] missile bit width

Subject: Re: [stella] missile bit width
From: Glenn Saunders <krishna@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 23:22:44 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, kickass wrote:
> Neato, eh? And if we playtest it 'tuff' not only will it be a neat feat,
> but it will an awesome 1-4 player zen fest straight from hades bossom,
> and (to the best of my knowledge,) the first original title to appear on the
> 26 in a long time...

Oystron is pretty original.

> You and your credit scroll! ;)

I'd be just as happy with a Toaster scroll, since it would also have a
relationship with the 2600 (scrolls are generated directly by the Amiga
chipset, designed by Jay Miner).

> Warlords is one game I would never change, nor have found anything wrong
> with (except for how lame it makes other games look,)

The trajectory of balls from certain angles---they take a 45' turn for no
apparent reason.  There really should be more consistent physics.  And
with so few angles of rotation, the list of trajectories is very limited.
It's easy to anticipate where an attack is coming from.  As a result, the
game isn't very playable unless the ball is bouncing between all four
players where the unpredictability comes from not knowing who is going to
be attacked next.  The 1-player AI is also pretty bad.