Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 09:29:49 +1000
I've redone the source code to adhere to the style I prefer.  That is,
mnemonics and variables in lowercase, constants and system registers in
UPPERCASE.  It's all much more readable.  The code is now pretty much
commented/structured like commercial game code.  Its all up on
http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/push/

I must say, this assembler (DASM V2.02) is pathetic.  Surely this isn't what
everyone is using?  Any better ones in use for PC environment?  One thing I
haven't figured yet is a neat variable declaration.

I'm going...

vara equ $80
varb equ vara + 1        ; assuming size of vara = 1, this is two long
varc equ varb + 2        ; size 2, but THIS one is 5 bytes.

Thats horrible.
I used to use something simple like...

    org $80
vara    ds 1