Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 16:55:00 +0200
At 07:04 11.05.98 +1000, you wrote:

>I've made these changes on http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/push/
>The new binary is also included here.  NOW does it work?

I have tried it on a PAL TV. The picture seems to be stable now,
but it is missing colours. You need to do an even number of lines
to get colours on PAL. That is the overall number of lines and
not just the display kernel.

I'm not sure about this one, but it might be possible to reduce
the flicker on a real TV a bit, if you use colours with the same
luminance. But I don't know what the colours currently are, so I
don't know how bad the flicker actually is.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg