Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"

Subject: Re: [stella] Demo #1 of my 4 colour playfield game "PUSH"
From: "Andrew Davie" <adavie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 07:04:41 +1000
Thanks, guys, for the feedback so far.

I've fixed that missing INY in the kernal display loop - this is exactly why
I needed it seen on a TV :)

 I program in caps because I uh... mistakenly thought the assembler didn't
handle lowercase mnemonics.  I'll fix that.  I hate all caps too, but I hate
having to shift back and forth even more.

If you don't like my excessive editorialising, I'll beg to differ.  I plan
on releasing this code to people, it HAS to explain whats happening and why.

> No.  There are 68 *pixels* in the Hblank period, which is 22.667 cycles.
Yep, thanks for that one.  Shows why comments ARE important.

>>ENDVB LDA INTIM
>> BNE ENDVB
>
>If you change that BNE to a BMI, and store a 42 to the timer in the first
>place instead of a 43, you're in a little better shape if you do overflow.

Thanks for that one, too.  I misread the manual as saying that it counted to
0 and then counted UP.

I've made these changes on http://www.comcen.com.au/~adavie/push/
The new binary is also included here.  NOW does it work?

Cheers