Re: [stella] Beat em up 08

Subject: Re: [stella] Beat em up 08
From: Eckhard Stolberg <Eckhard_Stolberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 17:54:43 +0100
At 23:11 10.11.98 -0500, you wrote:

>Eckhard, this is awesome!  The flicker is a little aggravating of course,
>but now that I know a little about the internals of the Atari, I know
>this is one heck of a doing!

You are using Stella 07, right? The flicker in that version of Stella
is a bit hefty, but in Stella 1.0, PCAE and of course a real VCS it
isn't that bad.

>have to "track and field" my way over to the opponent.  And is there
>going to be a jump (since you mentioned y-coords)?  I've only looked at
>it for a few seconds, and would be interested to know where you're going
>with this game before I commented too much on things you're probably
>already putting in.

Wasn't it you who suggested jumps after I posted the last version?
I put in y-coordinates to support that just for you, but I didn't
have enough space for the necessary animation frames in this
version. :-)

Currently my only plans are to draw some more animations and then
take the good ones to create a nice set of moves. Also I'm going
to add collision detection. Other features will be decided on
based on how much space I have left after that. So if you want
to suggest anything paticular, please do so.

>Very impressive.  I'll have to send you the signed picture of the Pac-Man
>collection!

That would be cool, but I guess I'd like to wait, untill you have
all 2000 carts together. ;-)

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg