Re: [stella] Thrust!

Subject: Re: [stella] Thrust!
From: Thomas Jentzsch <tjentzsch@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 12:42:33 +0100 (CET)
--- Piero Cavina <p.cavina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is the best thing I've seen from this list
> since a lot of time. You've
> got an excellent kernel, not many 2600 games have
> such a good full-screen
> scrolling playfield.
I'm very proud to get this compliment from Piero! (and
of my kernel too ;-)

> You must complete this project.
I want to, but it will go forward very slowly, because

i'm not coding very fast and still have other hobbies.

> There will be a lot
> of playtesting, level
> design and fine tuning to be done, but it looks too
> good to be abandoned.
You're absolutely right, the fine tuning is essential.

But first i'd like to implement most of the missing
components (collisions, refueling, the pod...).
Then i'll know how much room i have for improvements.

> Thanks for giving a breath of life to the list! :)
> For the moment, the game is a bit too difficult.
> Maybe it's just too fast,
It is much faster than the original (now!)

> if there should be various degrees of difficulty
> based on speed, and this
> would be the "hard" level.
wait and see...

> Also, I would like better
> to use the button to
> thrust. Shooting could be automatic, and it could be
> turned on and off
> pushing the stick upwards.
See the mail from Clay Halliwell.

> Also, limited ammo and
> fuel could be options to
> consider.
Fuel will be limited and you can refuel.

> How big is the "world"? I can't go very far into the
> pit :)
The 5th level is about six screens deep.

=====
Thomas Jentzsch           | *** Every bit is sacred ! ***
tjentzsch at yahoo dot de |