Re: [stella] EPROMs

Subject: Re: [stella] EPROMs
From: "B. Watson" <atari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 02:42:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Kevin Horton wrote:

> Also, you can use the 27C128's.  You can make a simple 4 game multicart (so
> you can burn 4 tests to the EPROM before having to erase it) or simply wire
> the unused address lines to ground so it selects the first 4K only.

Yeah, I was thinking of wiring the upper address lines to DIP switches that
stick out of the top of the cart case. Three 4K banks for my development stuff,
and one for River Raid, which I've got a ROM dump of but can't find a cart..

> Hamfests are great.  I've gotten the coolest crap at those including some
> Gameline modems, new in the box.  :-)

Half the stuff there, it seemed like they were begging you to buy it for
cheap, so they wouldn't have to haul it back home... I didn't see any 2600
stuff, but a guy gave me 2 huge boxes full of ~400 Commodore 64 floppies,
full of games and `hacking stuff', he said... I almost didn't take them,
since my 1541 drive has bit the dust, and somebody else might actually have
been able to use them... but now I have some incentive to fix the thing
(probably just the head needs aligning, 1541's were notorious for that)

Anyway, thanks for the info.

Brian

---

If a trainstation is the place where trains stop, what is a workstation?

-