Re: [stella] Difference between M0 & BL ?!?

Subject: Re: [stella] Difference between M0 & BL ?!?
From: Manuel Polik <cybergoth@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:05:33 +0200
Hi Christopher!

>Manuel wrote:

>>Simply changing RESBL into RESM0 will destroy the
>>explosion code of my ships.
>
>Don't you also need to change:
>
>    STA HMBL

>      STA HMM0
>
>???

Yes. What I did was this, I changed everything
completely, when I realized that the explosions get
scrambled. Since I had no clue why this should happen, I
finally took the original source and made all changes
again, step-by-step. What I realized was, that it goes
weird, when changing one of the BL acceses in that area
to a M0 access.

The fact is, that by changing one single RESBL to RESM0
my sprite pointers get altered, which are hold in the
RAM. I have no clue at all how such a thing can happen.
All RESXX registers are strobed write only, they can't
*feedback* into RAM, can they?!?

And it is happening only, when when my collision
detection code is executed, which is working without any
register, based on a timer & coordinate calculations,
all of which are in the RAM and register & BL/M0
independent...

I don't get it...

Greetings,
	Manuel