Re: [stella] Star Fire: Meteor Dance!

Subject: Re: [stella] Star Fire: Meteor Dance!
From: Dennis Debro <ddebro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:48:57 -0500
Hi Manuel!

By the look of your progress I know what to ask for this Christmas :) Keep up the good work.

> I just finished coding most of the presentation and I
> thought too ask you, how you like the general idea of
> this - before I start coding definite rules for this.

Thomas' idea of hiding the diamonds adds a nice touch to the sequence. How are you planning on ending it? Maybe like a hyperspace type of movement all of a sudden or the meteors just disappearing?

I see you've added the z-axis in too. This is cool. What are the chances of having the explosions move on the z-axis too? I hadn't played the original arcade game but running into an explosion could cause ship damage and an added obstacle to the player.

> Ah - and even way more important, turn the volume up to
> maximum, as you're in for a surprise of a special
> kind!!! ;-)

I can't hear anything with my current emulator setup :( I'll have to try it on a windows based emulator or my CC. I can't wait to hear what Paul came up with.