Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?

Subject: Re: [stella] Assymetrical Maze 2LK... help?
From: "J Parlee" <lost_monkey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:10:47 -0500
From: "Clay Halliwell"
> I gotta ask... with the pinpoint timing required for an asymmetric
> playfield,  how do you work a player horizontal-positioning routine into
it?

Argh!  Thanks for pointing out that open can of worms...

Using the Battlezone routine I had my assymetric playfield running with 2
sprites positioned where I wanted them and then this...

When I tried using the horizontal positioning routine to move the sprites in
accordance with joystick movement, the sprites jump approximately 1/4 of the
screen width (seemingly) with each frame... I am not certain if this is an
error in my (badly patched together) code or the natural result of not doing
the positioning during the kernel.  I tried replacing the Battlezone hor-pos
routine with the Air Sea Battle method and got the same result...

I haven't worked on it too much yet, but I did try moving the sprites by
writing a value to HMPx and HMOVE in the joystick routine and got the sprite
to move smoothly... I might have to get my hands dirty if I want to move 3
enemy sprites and missiles this way... ;)

Jason