Re: rotating pages?

Subject: Re: rotating pages?
From: James Clark <jjc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 15:22:42 +0000
At 09:59 15/07/97 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:

>> Yes, but remember that you can't nest simple-page-sequences.
>
>Can't nest in what sense?

In the sense that, nested simple-page-sequences shouldn't work (according to
the DSSSL formatting model) and, in fact, won't work in Jade.

> Jade doesn't actually complain if you do.

Jade doesn't complain about a lot of things.

>Is there a DSSSL/scheme technique I'm missing that lets you
>avoid nesting them?  Consider a chapter that (may) contain a
>table.  The chapter is a (has to be a?) simple-page-sequence so
>that the proper page parameters can be established for the flow
>of the chapter.  Now if the table has to be a simple page
>sequence so that it can be rotated, how can it be coded in such
>a way as to avoid nesting?

It can't be done (at least not easily) with simple-page-sequences.  You
can't circumvent the limitation that landscaping has to apply to complete
simple-page-sequences by nesting.

James