Re: rotating pages?

Subject: Re: rotating pages?
From: christo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Frank Christoph)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 23:25:09 +0900
> Isn't a 297mmx211mm piece of paper the same size as a 211mmx297mm piece of
> paper? (I guess with roll media, the answer is no, but that's a bit
> sophisticated for RTF.)
>
> As far the the standard goes what you get is a page area whose width is
> 297mm and whose height is 211mm.  How you image the areas on paper is up to you.

I was thinking the same thing, but as you indicate, it depends on the media.
For a typical PostScript printer, say, it shouldn't make a difference, but
if you are looking at the formatted output in a viewer, say, then (depending
on the viewer perhaps?) there might be a difference in writing directions.
The question is, does DSSSL specify anything about the relationship between
the orientations of glyphs on contiguous but different page sequences with
different (or even identical?) page dimensions?

  -- FC