Jade 1.0.1 String trimming?

Subject: Jade 1.0.1 String trimming?
From: Russell Senior <seniorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Nov 1997 18:12:10 -0800
I am starting to get my feet wet again with Jade under Linux, and have
found that it doesn't seem to be trimming whitespace as I expect it to.
I have put the keyword:

   input-whitespace-treatment: 'collapse

in my top-level element sequence and also converted the
`process-children' to `process-children-trim', but still my output
(apparent using each of the TeX, RTF and FOT backends) contains the
padding space.  I notice in the Jade source file `lib/ArcEngine.cxx'
three examples of comments:

  // FIXME trim spaces

Is this a known problem?  Am I doing something wrong?  What needs doing?

Thanks for any suggestions/solutions! :-)

--
Russell Senior
seniorr@xxxxxxxxxxxx