Jade compilation problems

Subject: Jade compilation problems
From: Andy Graves <apg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:57:20 GMT
Please excuse the newbie...

Is this an appropriate forum to ask for help over the difficulties I'm
having compiling Jade 1.2.1 for BSDI 2.1 (with gcc 2.7.2 or 2.8.1)?  Has
anyone here any experience making this combination work, who would be
willing to share their insight?

If not, my apologies for wasting your time, please read no further. Otherwise...

Running 'make jade' gives me:

make: don't know how to make ../style/libstyle.la. Stop
*** Error code 2

Simply running 'make', on the other hand, gives me a much stranger error -
usually something like:

../include/Ptr.h: In method `class ExtendEntityManager &
Ptr<ExtendEntityManager>::operator (unary *)() const':
In file included from ../include/ParserApp.h:13,
                 from ../spgrove/GroveApp.h:10,
                 from DssslApp.h:7,
                 from style_inst.cxx:45:
../include/Ptr.h:27: virtual memory exhausted
*** Error code 1

Has anyone else hit either of these, or should I be talking to the gcc or
BSDI lists?

Thanks,
Andy Graves.