RE: Hypergroves

Subject: RE: Hypergroves
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 21:18:20 -0500 (EST)
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Avi Kivity wrote:

> > More specifically I want to get an attribute out of another SGML
> > file that
> > is pointed to by my current documents.  Can I even do this with the
> > current version of jade?
> >
> Yes, you can. The (sgml-parse) procedure will take an entity system id
> (=filename) representing an SGML document and return a grove.
> This is commonly used in conjunction with ENTITY attributes.
> It works very well with Jade.

Great.  This is exactly what I want.  However to be more general I want to
use formal public identifiers.  I'm assuming I want to use a name such as
"-//Russell O'Connor//DOC name here//EN"

What do I want to use to say that my file is an SGML document? What
characters am I allowed to use in "name here"? Is there a standard way of
escapeing characters that I'm not allowed to use? (obviously "//" won't be
allowed) Is there a length restriction on FPI? I'm a little concerned that
mine will get long.

--
Russell O'Connor                           roconnor@xxxxxxxxxxxx
    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>