Re: duplicating half page

Subject: Re: duplicating half page
From: Brandon Ibach <bibach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 19:39:44 -0600
Quoting Michael Wiedmann <michael.wiedmann@xxxxxxxxx>:
> My stylesheet processes some elements in the upper half of the page. I'm
> looking for the easiest way to duplicate an exact copy of this upper half
> at the bottom half of the page.
>
> Further I want to put some cutting markers at (/ page-height 2) and need
> to know how to position with absolute values.
>
> How do I do this?

   I'm not sure about the mark at half-page.  There may be a way to do
it with standard DSSSL flow-objects, but I'd have to dig in the
standard for a while to find it, and I have a sneaking suspicion that
it would involve objects that aren't implemented right now.
   Now for the bad news... ;)  I highly doubt there is any way, within
the DSSSL standard, to pull off the duplication trick.  From what
little I know about TeX, it would probably be easy enough to do (using
a special output routine, perhaps... TeX gurus?), but you'd have to
have some way of telling DSSSL about it.  I suppose some new
characteristics on the simple-page-sequence might do.  If you can
figure out a workable model, it might not be the hardest thing in the
world to code...

-Brandon :)